The Teaching Minister will be the successor to the Senior Minister at Indian Creek Christian Church (The Creek). It is expected that the role will transition to the Senior Minister role within no more than 3 years. With oversight of the Leadership Continuity Team (LCT), the Teaching Minister and current Senior Minister will determine the appropriate transition time period, transition of responsibilities, and sequence of events.
The Teaching Minister will report to the Senior Minister and eventually become an Elder, following the completion of this transition. Learn more about this transition and our entire succession process in Leader><Shift (Amazon).
Once the transition is complete, the incoming Senior Minister will assume these primary responsibilities
- Preach, primarily from the Franklin Road Campus, approximately 40 weekends annually.
- Supervisor for Executive Leadership Team (ELT)
- Lead The Creek Staff (40+ people) which includes NextGen, Programming, Operations, Global Outreach, Leadership Development, Campus Pastors, and Adult Discipleship.
- Alignment to and communication of The Creek’s Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Essential Beliefs.
- Accountable for the execution of The Creek’s strategic plan.
- Develop and direct ReChurch and its subsidiary brands - Vision, approach, and organization are within the purview of this role.
- Pursue strategic educational partnerships and leadership development opportunities with organizations outside The Creek.